Psalm 118:17 – “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.”
John 8:36 “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”
2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
Titus 2:11-14 “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.”
James 1:12-15 “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.”
James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
Colossians 3:23-24 23 “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men” 24 “Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.”
The Live and Not Die Ministry is Olivet’s substance abuse and addiction recovery ministry. Substance abuse and other forms of addictive behavior have left no community untouched, including Olivet. Olivet believes in ministering to all people who are hurting and this includes our brothers and sisters in Christ who are in various phases of recovery. This ministry invites all those who suffer from substance abuse or other types of addictive behavior (gambling, cheating, sexual and eating disorders) to engage in a Biblical twelve-step program to address the addictive behavior as the “secondary” problem and the lack of spiritual content and holy living as the “primary” problem. This is a Christ-centered ministry helping people experience freedom and deliverance from the physical, spiritual and emotional bondage addictive behaviors can cause. We also address the cycles of guilt, shame, hopelessness, depression and fear that are closely associated with a dependency lifestyle. In order to provide this level of support the L.A.N.D. ministry offers:
- Closed Meetings (privately held meetings for members only, who acknowledge that they now have or previously had a problem with alcohol, drugs, pornography or any type of dependency or sin problem).
- Bible Study aimed at addressing sin, recovery, deliverance and strength.
- Testimonial Support from those who have suffered from addiction and have been freed through the power of God.
- One on One Partnering to aide in accountability.
- Group Discussion that is honest and open.
- Evangelism and Outreach into our community.
Purpose of L.A.N.D.
To share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to share our experiences, strength and hope with others that the truth of the Gospel may help us solve our common problems and help others to recover from their addictions by using the 12 Steps of Recovery through the Bible.
Live and Not Die (L.A.N.D.) is a ministry for those seeking to reverse the curse of addiction and substance abuse in their lives. L.A.N.D. welcomes anyone:
- Who desires to be set free.
- Wants to be fully restored back to God, their family and their community.
- Willing to be honest about the true pitfalls of addiction.
- Ready to be more than a conqueror.
- No longer willing to hide in secret regarding past or present addictions and come out in the open with others who understand and can personally relate.
If any of the above describes you then the Live and Not Die Ministry wants you to reach out and become a part of our fellowship.